My name is Toddie Adams and I am the Director of Gifted Services for Marshall County School District. I oversee gifted services in our district K-12 and work with students, parents, teachers, guidance counselors, and principals to ensure students are properly identified as gifted and receive appropriate gifted services for their unique needs. I strive to help students understand the nature of giftedness, model effective communication skills along with critical and creative thinking skills, and ensure our gifted learners are challenged and grow in their areas of giftedness.
I consult with teachers 6th - 8th grades at GT/RtI meetings to monitor student progress, help provide strategies for differentiated instruction, provide social and emotional support for students, and support teachers across the district. Our GT/RtI meetings were postponed due to COVID 19, but we are slowly getting back on track. I facilitate the middle school GT Enrichment classes at NMMS and SMMS and I consult with teachers and gifted students at MCHS by request.
I am a graduate of Murray State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Middle School Education (Math and Science) and a Master of Arts degree in Education with an endorsement in Gifted Education. I am graduate of Southern Illinois University Carbondale with a PhD in the field of Curriculum and Instruction. Some of my additional responsibilities include:
- President of the Kentucky Association for Gifted Education (KAGE) 2022-2023
- Past President of KAGE 2020-2021
- President of KAGE 2019-2020
- KAGE Board of Directors
- Member of the National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC)
- Member of the NAGC Research and Evaluation Network
- Member of the NAGC Curriculum Studies Network
- Member of the World Council for Gifted and Talented Children (WCGTC)
- Member of the Marshall County Chapter of KAGE (MCKAGE)
- Chair/Facilitate West Kentucky Educational Cooperative GT Coordinator meetings
- Mentor new GT Coordinators/Teachers in Region 1
- Collaborate with KDE as Regional GT Cadre Leader
- GT/RtI Consultant
- Cognitive Coaching Facilitator
- Mother of three gifted children
- Grandmother of five precious grandchildren
- Member of Hardin Baptist Church
- Former instructor at Fundación Avanza – Ministerio de Educación (Spain)
- Served by appointment of the Governor on the Kentucky State Gifted Advisory Council
- Served by appointment of the Commissioner of Education on the Commissioner's Accountability Steering Committee
I love to fellowship with my family and friends!!!!