My name is Tatiana (Toddie) Adams and I am the Director of Gifted Services for Marshall County School District. I oversee gifted services in our district and work with students, parents, teachers, guidance counselors, and principals to ensure students are properly identified as gifted and receive appropriate gifted services for their unique needs. I strive to help students understand the nature of giftedness, model effective communication skills along with critical and creative thinking skills, and ensure our gifted learners are challenged and grow in their areas of giftedness.
I consult with the teachers K-8 grades at GT/RtI meetings to help provide accelerated and enriched lessons. I consult with 9-12 grades if needed and facilitate the Leadership Dynamics class at MCHS. I consult with gifted students 4-8 grades monthly and with high school students by request.
I am a graduate of Murray State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Middle School Education (Math and Science) and a Master of Arts degree in Education with an endorsement in Gifted Education. I am graduate of Southern Illinois University Carbondale with a PhD in the field of Curriculum and Instruction. Some of my additional responsibilities include:
- Past President of the Kentucky Association for Gifted Education (KAGE)
- KAGE Board of Directors
- Member of the National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC)
- Member of the NAGC Research and Evaluation Network
- Member of the NAGC Curriculum Studies Network
- Member of the World Council for Gifted and Talented Children (WCGTC)
- Member of the Marshall County Chapter of KAGE (MCKAGE)
- Chair/Facilitate Region One GT Coordinator meetings
- Mentor new GT Coordinators in Region One
- Instructor at Fundación Avanza through Centro Huerta del Rey and the Spanish Ministry of Education
- Mother of three gifted children
- Grandmother of five precious grandchildren
- Member of Hardin Baptist Church
- Served by appointment of the Governor on the Kentucky State Gifted Advisory Council
- Served by invitation from the Commissioner of Education on the Commissioner's Accountability Steering Committee
I love to fellowship with my family and friends!!!!