My name is Tatiana (Toddie) Adams and I am the Director of Gifted Services for Marshall County School District. I oversee the nine schools in our district and work with students, parents, teachers, guidance counselors, and principals to ensure students are properly identified as gifted and receive appropriate gifted services for their unique needs. I strive to help students understand the nature of giftedness, model effective communication skills along with critical and creative thinking skills, and ensure our gifted learners are challenged and grow in their areas of giftedness.
I consult with the teachers K-8 grades at GT/RtI meetings to help provide accelerated and enriched lessons. I consult with 9-12 grades if needed and facilitate the Leadership Dynamics class at MCHS. I consult with gifted students 4-8 grades monthly and with high school students by request.
I am a graduate of Murray State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Middle School Education (Math and Science) and a Master of Arts degree in Education with an endorsement in Gifted Education. I am a Doctoral Candidate for a PhD in Curriculum and Instruction at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. Some of my additional responsibilities include:
- Member of the Marshall County Chapter of the Kentucky Association for Gifted Education (MCKAGE)
- President of the Kentucky Association for Gifted Education (KAGE)
- Member of the National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC)
- Member of the Research and Evaluation Network for NAGC
- Member of the Curriculum Studies Network for NAGC
- Member of the World Council for Gifted and Talented Children (WCGTC)
- Serve on the Murray State University Gifted Advisory Council
- Chair/Facilitate Region One GT Coordinator meetings
- Mentor new GT Coordinators in Region One
- Instructor at Fundación Avanza through Centro Huerta del Rey and the Spanish Ministry of Education
- Mother of three gifted children
- Grandmother of six precious grandchildren
- Member of Hardin Baptist Church
- Served on the Board of Directors for the Kentucky Association for Gifted Education (KAGE)
- Served by appointment of the Governor on the Kentucky State Gifted Advisory Council
- Served by invitation from the Commissioner of Education on the Commissioner's Accountability Steering Committee
I love to fellowship with my family and friends!!!!