MCHS Athletic Teams
||Swimming - boys & girls
||Tennis - boys & girls
|Basketball - boys & girls
||Golf - boys & girls
||Track - boys & girls
||Soccer - boys & girls
||Volleyball - girls
|Cross Country - boys & girls
Eligibility for Participation
- The Athletic Director will check the eligibility of every student athlete on a regular basis. The head coaches will also communicate with students and parents regarding eligibility, rules and regulations. Parents/guardians and student athletes are responsible for following all rules and regulations set forth by the KHSAA, Marshall County Board of Education, and any team rules set forth by coaching staffs. This includes but is not limited to proper care of issued equipment and behavior expectations.
- In order to be eligible to participate in a KHSAA sanctioned sport, a student athlete must be passing 2/3 of his/her classes which is equivalent to 6 out of 8 classes.
- If a student’s GPA in a 9-week grading period is below 2.0, the student will be placed on academic probation for one grading period. He/she may participate in extra-curricular activities during this time. Students are encouraged to attend Extended School Services while on probation for the subject(s) in which they are having trouble.
- If the GPA does not meet or exceed the required 2.0 GPA at the end of the next grading period, the student is declared ineligible for the following 9-week grading period.
- Students who are failing 3 or more classes will immediately be declared ineligible regardless of their GPA. There is no probationary period for these students.
- If a student has 3 unexcused absences in a year, they are NOT allowed to participate in any extra curricular activities (sports, field trips, club events, prom, class night, graduation, etc.).
- Students may have the opportunity to make up time missed due to an unexcused absence at the discretion of the administration. Time will be made up (hour per hour) outside the regular school day.
Any student that plans to participate in school-sponsored sports must have a sports physical. A physician must complete these physicals. (According to KHSAA regulations, ARNP, PA or health department physicals are not acceptable.) Sports physicals are offered free of charge to athletes during the summer months. Notices will be given at school as to the dates of the physicals. If you do not wish to receive the physical at school, the physical will need to be obtained at your own expense. Sports physicals are valid for a period of one year (12 months). Another physical must be obtained to participate in sports once a physical has expired.
Transfer Student Athletes
All student athletes transferring to MCHS have to meet with the Athletic Director to determine eligibility. This meeting will take place AFTER the school enrollment process has been completed.
Playing Collegiate Sports
In order to play sports at the college level, athletes must first register with the appropriate Clearinghouse. This process should be started during your junior year.
NCAA Clearinghouse NAIA Clearinghouse