My name is Tatiana (Toddie) Adams and I am the Director of Gifted Services for Marshall County School District. I oversee the nine schools in our district and work with teachers, guidance counselors, and principals to ensure students are properly identified as gifted and receive appropriate gifted services for their unique needs. I strive to help students understand the nature of giftedness, model effective communication skills along with critical and creative thinking skills, and above all - model love and respect for oneself and others.
I work with the six elementary schools in our district, collaborating and consulting with the intermediate teachers to provide accelerated and enriched lessons to 4th and 5th grade gifted learners. I love working with the best teachers - the teachers of Marshall County! I also consult with the primary teachers to ensure that high performing students are identified for the Primary Talent Pool and are continually challenged in their classrooms. Mrs. Alexander, the Middle and High School GT Coordinator, and I collaborate as well to ensure that our students successfully transition from grade to grade. Project-based learning is collaborated upon and implemented by Mrs. Alexander at the middle and high schools.
I am a graduate of Murray State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in Middle School Education (Math and Science) and a Master of Arts degree in Education with an endorsement in Gifted Education. I am a Doctoral Candidate for a PhD in Curriculum and Instruction at Southern Illinois University Carbondale. Some of my additional responsibilities include:
- Member of the Marshall County Chapter of the Kentucky Association for Gifted Education (MCKAGE)
- Serve on the Board of Directors for the Kentucky Association for Gifted Education (KAGE)
- President-Elect for the Kentucky Association for Gifted Education (KAGE)
- Member of the National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC)
- Member of the Research and Evaluation Network for NAGC
- Member of the Curriculum Studies Network for NAGC
- Member of the World Council for Gifted and Talented Children (WCGTC)
- Serve on the Murray State University Gifted Advisory Council
- Chair/Facilitate Region One GT Coordinator meetings for MSU
- Serve on the Kentucky State Gifted Advisory Council
- Serve on the Commissioner's Accountability Steering Committee
- Instructor at Fundación Avanza through Centro Huerta del Rey and the Spanish Ministry of Education
- Mother of three gifted children
- Member of Hardin Baptist Church
I love to fellowship with my family and friends!!!!